Tuesday 15 July 2014

Oslo Norway My First Ever Hostel Experience

My first ever hostel experience is at the Holtekilen Folkehøgskole in Oslo Norway, it is a member of International Hostelling group.



My friend Marie's husband Frode  has choosen this hostel as our based in Oslo, it is 15 minutes drive or you can take a train to the Centrum. We arrive about 10 pm and the check-in was quick and smooth, they gave us the key together with the bed sheets, lines and towels. I got the room with 1 bunkbed I got the whole room on my own and has got en suite bathroom,  my friend Marie and her husband Frode together with their two kids Hanns and Hanna occupied the 2 bunkbeds with en suite bathroom. The hostel was clean and the staff are friendly and helpfull. The only down fall was the elevator/lift was not working but the staff has volunteered to take our luggages to our rooms.

We stayed in this hostel for two nights, the bed was comfortable and its worth mentioning the buffet breakfast was 4 star rating to my liking, they serve cold cut meats such as salami and ham, different cheese- it was my first time to have brown cheese ( goat cheese) different breads, fruits, different teas to choose from. I wasnt expecting much from a hostel, as its my first time to stay in a hostel, my low expectation has changed with my fantastic experience from Holtekilen Folkehøgskole. Looks like I will be staying more in hostels with my future travels. I cant wait for my Croatian hostelling experience in a weeks time.

My other Norway blog links below

24 Hours in Charming Bergen City Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment