Tuesday 8 July 2014

I Booked My First Ever Hostel

Travel in style or in budget? When ever I travel I always stay in hotels or BnB. I've been chatting to couple of travellers and encouraging me to try and stay in a hostel. I have browse lots of site about hostels and the travellers personal reviews, the fantastic recommendation given me the chance to think twice about experiencing to stay in a hostel. The right time came when I booked myself a flight to Croatia I will be staying in Zadar, Split and Sibenik, given the opportunity I got 5 days ( July 25-30) to explore Croatia on a budget after my 12 day holiday in Norway. This is it, time for a savvy travel style for me. Other travellers keeps on telling me you can see the world in a cheaper budget, so why not try. This might be the start of  my hostelling life, who knows.

I booked my very first hostel, not just one but three different hostels  for my Croatian adventure. In Zadar I booked The Four Corners Hostel its bright room colour scheme enticed me, In Sibenik I booked Hostel Mare I read lots of good reviews and recommendations, and the last is  Hostel Emanuel in Split its funky design and nice bunkbed looks amazing and its a shame  not to try to.




I can't wait and see my hostel choices and try these accommodation . Looking forward to my first ever hostel experience. More blog follow up regarding my first ever hostel stay.

22 comments:

  1. Congrats! It looks like you've chosen well. These all look clean and comfy. Look forward to hearing about your first hostel experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my hostel experience will live up to my expectation ......

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great hostel, nice and clean. Hopefully the reality lives up to the pictures and you have a great time. Hostels sometimes get a bad reputation but they are a wonderful way to meet other travelers and a great way to save some money too1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I was skeptical about hostels but hopefully my hostel choices won't disappoint me.

      Delete
  3. You'll love staying in a hostel! It's so much cheaper and more fun. We mostly house sit so we don't pay for accommodation, but we like to go to hostels/ couch surf sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward for my hostel experience I hope its a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a nice place. I'm sure you'll enjoy it AND the destination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This hostel looks nice and clean compared with some of the ones I remember from the past. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleanliness of the place is always on top of my choice criteria... I hope the hostel aesthetic view shown on the picture will be the same in reality.

      Delete
  7. Those looks like some nice hostel choices. I hope that they give you a good impression of hostels so you stay in them more often now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. Might be the deal breaker the first or last experience lol see how it goes.

      Delete
  8. Those hostels look really nice altough personally I don´t stay at hostels. I did it once in Ireland (somebody told me afterwards it´s the wrong country for staying in a hostel :D ) but I prefer B&B´s and hotels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like hotels and bnb, but I think its about time to try hostels too sorry to hear about your bad experience about hostels

      Delete
  9. I never tried BnB for my personal travels before as I like privacy and it feels a bit uncomfortable for me staying at people's homes. I love hostels however because you can easily escape or hang out with people if you like to ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just bring earplugs (especially if you stay in shared rooms or dormitories).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your third choice the most, cool bunk beds! But usually your hostel experience depends on the people you meet there especially as a solo traveller...You could be staying at the shittiest hostel ever but if you are surrounded by the right crowd for you, it still will be unforgettable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People have different priorities while they travel but my first priority is being comfortable on my accommodation, second the experience on the place, people culture food etc and last the people I meet along the journey .

      Delete
  12. You will really enjoy the hostel experience, the ones you have chosen look a good standard too. They are far more sociable than hotels and you meet such a variety of people. Look forward to hearing how you get on as have never visited Croatia. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good choices!
    Don't worry too much about booking hostel/hotel/BnB , these days hostel can be nicer than hotels, it's just about prices and reviews really at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never stayed in a hostel before and thanks to your post I could see how one really looks. It's not bad at all. Actually it's way better than I thought it would be. I heard some bad stories before about hostels, but I think I was wrong to judge them all based on some people's bad experiences.

    ReplyDelete