Thursday 31 July 2014

I Got Nominated For Liebster Award




What is a Liebster Award?

This award is given to the new bloggers with 200 followers or less. Anneklien's Solo Travels  only started this year 2014 and has 129 followers  on My Facebook Page. Liebster awards are given out only by nominations from fellow bloggers.
I was luckily nominated by Daileyadventures.com as one of their choosen  favourite newbie bloggers.

Liebster Rule:

1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven question that the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award ( with less than 200 followers)
5. Let the blogger know you have nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.


11 Questions to Answer:

1. How many countries have you visited?

I have been to France, Italy, Amsterdam, Canada, Prague, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Belgium, Norway and I'm here Croatia while answering this.

2. Scariest thing that happened while traveling?

I was in a UK local Roadtrip along the M5 motorway when I saw a whole truck blazing on fire.

3. What inspired you to start blogging?

I started writing a diary blog that was way back 2009 just this year 2014  when I read loads of travel blogs on  facebooks, those amazing photos inspired me to go on my solo travels and starts my travel blog too.

4. What is your preferred transportation when traveling? i.e. car, train, airplane

I prefer by car you can just randomly stop whenever I see a nice view and capture with my camera. It's either the scenery or my selfie.  I cant resist the natures beauty. 

5. What is the craziest thing you’ve eaten during your travels?

Im originally from the Philippines so there's lots of unusual exotic food we have back home like BALUT it is an unhatch duckegg which is boiled it's deliciously good ( not for the faint stomach), there's stir fried crickets or in adobo flavour and the long list goes on.

6. Dream destination?

My dream destinations would be in South American hiking the Inca trail, Camel Ride in Egypt along the Pyramids of Giza , Elephant Ride in Asia and visiting the 7 Wonders of the World, and  the long list goes on, in short I want to travel around the World. 

7. Do you speak more than 1 language? If so, what?

I speak Ilocano a local dialect from the Northern part of the Philippines, Tagalog national language of the Philippines and English.
I understand abit of basic Spanish because Philippines was colonised by the spaniards for 100 years. 


8. Prefer to travel alone or with someone else?

I discovered Solo Travelling just recently and I love it, best way to travel  you can do your own thing at your own pace and not compromising with others, I enjoyed Solo travelling while waiting for my lifetime travel buddy but for now I got travelling buddy bear.

9. What is the hardest part of traveling for you?

Packing as for all girls I supposed, different outfit with matching shoes to go with and not to mention little bags and accessories too.

10. Do you keep a budget while traveling?

Yes I do allocate budgets most for my travels, but if it's a weekend get away I'll just splurge. 

11. Do you have a favorite song that reminds you of travel?

My recent travel in Norway, my friend Marie plays her CD when driving one song stucks on my head  "what does the fox say"  its also sang by a Norwegian brothers. 



Give 11 Random Facts about yourself

1. My real name is Meryan, my friends call me Meanne and my pen name is Anneklien.

2. Im a full time Nurse and part time traveller.

3. I was born and raised in the Philippines but spent most my adult life  here in England UK.

4. Im the youngest out of 5 siblings, maybe a brat too lol.

5. I like composing poems when inspired.

6. I got a travelling buddy bear called ASHA.

7. I love to visit  places which is in UNESCO's World Heritage List, I just love old buildings and history.

8. My first ever flight experience was in 2001 at the age of 24.

9. I love shoes( I can't count how many pairs I got  ) Remember Imelda Marcos not close to her collections but getting there lol.

10. Recently discovered Solo Travelling and I'm loving the freedom it gives.

11. My ultimate dream is to travel around the World from A to Z.




My 11 Nominations:

1. Bonbaggage.com
2. Wandering Avena
3. Women Who Love Travel
4. Intrepidus Tours
5. Big Travel Nut
6. Week at the Beach
7. Why Am I different
8. Start Wandering
9.The Whole World is a Playground
10.
11.

I only found 9 to nominate, its so hard to choose bloggers whos got 200 or less followers on the Facebook page.



11 Questions to answer

1. When did you start blogging?
2. What sort of blog do you write?
3. Which do you prefer  B&b,  hostels or luxury hotels?
4. What are your 2 essential gadgets when travelling?
5. How do you get intouch with families back home?
6. Which seat do you prefer aisle or wing?
7. Backpack or suitcase?
8. When travelling do you go to restaurants or fastfood?
9. How do you choose your travel destination?
10. Do you fly First class or Economy?
11. What's your best travel adventure?

No comments:

Post a Comment